Lucky Numbers: Seven and One
2018 marks the Faire’s seventh year. We’re excited for another event at the incredible venue of Shelburne Farms’ Coach Barn, drones and rockets, and the ChampBot competition.
While keeping these elements, we are refining our design this year.
We’re going all-in on one day: Saturday, September 22. After all, it’s about getting our community all together to share and generate ideas!
The event will begin at 11:00 a.m. with daytime programming that highlights and engages our younger makers. In the evening, we will enjoy the same wonderful opportunities to “show and tell” as always, and new programming!
We are working on exciting new elements including: Illumination in the Woods, Light up Dancers and Projections, Burners Grand Exhibit, and more! We’ll keep the updates coming as these great ideas develop.
Top Seven Reasons for One Day –
7. Grow our Maker Community – We embrace a broad definition of “Maker” and will use new program elements to invite a more diverse community of Makers.
6. Create New Connections – Enjoy a new Maker Reception between daytime and evening sessions!
5. Celebrate All Our Makers – By offering a daytime program focused on younger makers and an evening program focused on adults.
4. See it All – In years past, featured events happened once, meaning the crowd experienced half the fun if they only attended one day.
3. Exchange Ideas – With everyone together on one day, we can generate more conversation.
2. Engage Everyone – Daytime and evening sessions create fun opportunities to engage Makers of all ages at one great event.
1. Fun in the Dark – Stay tuned for details about new evening hours and activities!
Our Champlain Mini Maker Faire Purpose:
To engage the greater Vermont community in creating, making, innovating, STEM, STEAM, start up and entrepreneurial pursuits by using emerging and enabling technologies, art and expression, humanities, sustainability practices, robotics, and computational thinking within an open, sharing and collaborative culture.